RESOURCES FOR YOU TO EXPLORE TO GET IDEAS, TRAINING ABOUT POSSIBLE TOPICS AND OTHER MATERIALS SUCH AS KEY COMPONENTS:
(DISCLAIMER: Listing or showing information or devices here is in no way an attempt to promote them for sale or use. They are offered free for use in student projects. In some cases sponsors have offset the cost of these to the competition.)
RASPBERRY Pi related projects: Raspberry Pi BeginnersGuide-4thEd-Eng_v2
Check out the STEMability site at: https://www.stemability.org/ It is a Web Series featuring undergraduate students attempting to solve real world problems.
ARDUINO Hardware and Software: Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. Arduino boards are able to read inputs – light on a sensor, a finger on a button, or a Twitter message – and turn it into an output – activating a motor, turning on an LED, publishing something online. You can tell your board what to do by sending a set of instructions to the microcontroller on the board
BLENDER – Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, video editing and 2D animation pipeline.
ROBOTIS SERVOS: All-in-one smart servos at www.robotis.us
- Learning Robotics with ROBOTIS DREAM systems at: youtube.com//playlist?list=PLtix7rPAJwqx4MqHfdzj0uHZY9fdNv8y7
- Dynamixel Servos tutorials: youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Wy1UTxJcw
SOFTWARE CHALLENGES FOR BUDDING ENGINEERS: See the link below for more on these 3 problems:
1. SIMULATE A MOSFET: Create basic simulation software that can plot the I-V characteristic of a MOSFET
2. LAUNCH INTO ORBIT: Create a simplified 2D simulation with graphics that demonstrates Newton’s Laws as applied to a rocket attempting to be launched into orbit around the earth.
3. CREATE A COMPUTER COMM LINK: Write software that allows two computers to communicate with a simple common terminal where ASCII text keystrokes entered from either computer will appear on the common terminal of both (similar to text messaging).
IEEE ROBOTS WEBSITE – Your guide to the world of robots. https://robots.ieee.org/
IEEE TRY ENGINEERING Site: https://tryengineering.org/category/engineering-fields/